Procrastination. It's the garden's fault....

Today it's so gorgeous outside, it's like the weather is just showing off.  And it's my day off. Isn't it funny how in order to make ourselves feel like we've done something with our day, we have to fill it with Things To Do lists?

This weekend we are embarking on a journey to the Imperial City (Canberra) for a family birthday. I can hardly wait. My family rocks. We enjoy each others company, we drink The Wine, laugh out loud and alot. We say outrageously, hilarious things, drink more of The Wine and laugh a lot more.
So I was required to compile the dreaded Things To Do list and do them to get ready for the trip.

One of the best things to make you feel like you're powering through the TTD list is write down some things you've already done, then cross them off.  We all do this. It makes us feel like we've accomplished something.

I am also a chronic procrastinator. I'm doing it right now. Blog writing was not on the TTD list. And it certainly won't help get ready for going away. But I've subconsciously included it the process via my vast powers of procrastination.  It it goes like this:

1. Get out of bed.

2. Have a shower and breakfast.

3. wash clothes then get asked by sonofagun no.2 to get out the colouring in books and textas which leads to me sitting down and colouring in with him for 40 mintues then have a cup of coffee

4. vacuum car then get stuck chatting with the old lady from up the road for 20 minutes which almost progresses to a cup of tea until i remember the TTD list

5. pay yearly RACV insurance then pop a quick call through to BFF in Kiama to catch up coz it was her son's bday the other day then have another cup of coffee

6. clean kitchen then think it would look nice with some flowers so go outside to pick flowers, then spend 10 minutes finding just the right jug and arranging them in said jug

7. pack kids bags then start cleaning sonofagun no.1's room which is gross. bloody teenagers. then boil the jug to make a cup of coffee but discover my lukewarm cup of coffee from before and drink that. blech.

8. hang out washing which leads to thinking how gorgeous the garden is, so I might just take a few photos. Then I start taking a short video of the budgie trying to say 'pretty birdie' which takes 15 minutes because he's decided he can't be bothered , then sonofagun no. 2 asks for morning tea so I make some for him and me, then sit in front of the computer while I have my morning tea then think about putting some gratuitous flower photos on the interwebs so I can share their gorgeous colours with everyone.

9. pack my bag

10. load movies on the Tablet for the trip etc ...


See what I mean?

So for the procrastinating garden pics?

 This is a tribute to all the hayfever sufferes out there. Thankfully I am not one of them. Can shove my face right into any pretty flowery type thing and inhale it like a bong.


Gratuitous garden bed pic.


 My first attempt at lilies. They are the most amazing drag queens of the garden. Love.


I am totally in love with Queen Anne's Lace. It just flops all over the place like Harry Stiles' fringe.


Sweet peas are compulsory. That is all.

Right. OK. I didn't include my entire TTD list because that would be tedious. I must do everything on the list before I head off this afternoon for the much anticipated appointment with my lovely local tattoo artist to complete the finishing touches on my Granny Square tattoo. Yes, Granny Square tattoo.
Happy Hump Day!

xox
Louise

The Red Haired Amazona

Comments

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!