Spring is here! AKA mini tulip fest in my garden

The world seems to set back in its' right place when Springs comes.
 I bloody hate Winter. The last 2 months haven't been 100% awesome.
My body likes to remind me that I'm not 27 anymore. This time it has been in the form of a really awful sore back.  At times the pain was really bad. My doctor initially put me on a 3 day course of valium to get all the muscles around my back and chest to CALM THE FIRETRUCK DOWN!!! 
Now while it sounds wonderfully glamorous and housewife druggy to declare that ones' doctor has put them on valium, I've got to admit I'm not a fan.
I hated losing half a day feeling whacked out on the couch. I stopped taking them after 2 days. 
I have been to a chiropractor and an osteopath. I prefer the osteo as they give you exercises and stretches to do at home.
 But I'm gradually getting better and have been loving these bulbs popping up in my garden!
 This orange one is Bears favourite!
 While it may not be Floriade, I love having a good tulip perve in my garden.

 All of the tulips were from 2 cheaper prices mixed bags of bulbs from the local hardware shop. They were simply labelled 'early flowering' and 'late flowering'. Apparently you have to pay extra to get their proper names on the bags.
 I hope we get some plums this year...
 Our whole backyard is filled with the scent of daphne from this one little bush.
So no crochet in this blog post. I get bored posting the same blanket photos as my stripey granny square blanket gets bigger and bigger. I have quite a few WIPs at the mo, but they're a little bit secret squirrel.

Thanks for popping by!
Louise
Red Haired Amazona


Comments

  1. As we're heading into Autumn, it is fun to see your Spring blossoms. You have a wonderful garden. I hope your back does not get to be chronically painful! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!