Kevins new clothes and horny kangaroos

You know how it goes.

You decide you're going to make something.

You go out to buy the yarn.

You come home with all your colours and then some.

You make and finish your project.

You have a kajillion balls leftover.

What do you do with it?

You look at how it's expanded your original stash from a million to kabillions and you think, "I need to make something nice to use this up!"

My yarn stash is overflowing from my usual collections of wools and acrylics. But now with all the balls of cotton blend I bought to make the Cloche hats, it has multiplied into numbers equal to the Canberra kangaroo population.

For my International readers, Canberra kangaroos love bonking. And Canberra kangaroo boys can't put on condoms. Think of a kangaroo as a small, furry Tyrannosaurus rex. They only have short, little arms that don't reach very far. So they have lots of kangaroos babies.

That's like my yarn collection.

So whilst I do need to make another hat for hat reasons, I have also recently been wracking my brain for inspiration.

And then I remembered Kevin.

Kevin is my camera.

I bought him a few weeks ago when I decided if I'm to be a blogger doing blog things I should be taking photos with something better than a smart phone. I couldn't afford one of those big sexy DSLRs so I bought the best I could afford on the day.

I bought Kevin.



Kevin is a saucy little Samsung WB350. And he does alright. He took some nice pics of birds.






He has a 21x zoom lens so he took some nice close ups of sexy-as-sin Dave Grohl at the Foo Fighters concert the other week.


The Fooies stage left...

See that? Dave's looking straight at me! He's thinking, "Who's that foxy redhead? I wanna effing marry her and practice making little Dave Grohl babies (but just practice because she doesn't want to have anymore real life babies) and she can live with me happily ever after in Casa Grohl, crochet all day and make sweet Dave Grohl and Red Haired Amazona lurve all night"


But I'm a bit worried about Kevin. He might get bumped and jostled around in my bag.

So I did what any crochet queen would do and have started making him his own little case from some of the cotton blend yarn.




I'm thinking small granny squares with a fabric insert (so yarn fibres don't get stuck in Kevins cheeky small spaces) and a little fold over bit that buttons.  Or velcros?

What do you think?  It's still a work in progress so if you've tried this before yourself and have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

When I've finished making Kevins new clothes, I'll write it up! And maybe even stick it on here.

With photos. By Kevin. Unless it's a photo with Kevin in it. 

Then I'll use Jimbo. He's my phone.

I'm also getting some gorgeous photos from peeps around the world who've made those crocheted Cloche Hats. Remember those?

Soon I'll share some of those amazing creations in a not too far in the future post!


xox
Louise

The Red Haired Amazona

Comments

  1. Why is there always a kajillion balls left?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That my dear Emma is a question that yarn users have been asking themselves for centuries. The question is as eternally unanswerable as the question Why do my brand new expensive nylons get a ladder as soon as i put them on for the first time? Or: why after a night of serious flirting and conversation at a bar does that cute guy ask me, in the cab on the way home what my name is? Unanswerable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for figuring out the Russian Cloche hat. Too bad it was after I gave up on it and simply made mine with SC all the way. I found a great leaf on one of the Russian lady's YouTube (not the same Russian lady). If I can dig it up, I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://youtu.be/HUYRV5V_79w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egad! Those leaves are amazing! Thanks for the link. I would put those on everything in my entire house! Did you decorate your hat with them?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!