Oh my glob! What happened to my blog?

Gee willickers what the flippin' heck happened here?
I felt a little bored with my old blog layout so I was playing around in the backend of my blogger program thing and found this new fun one. I was really just playing around and sort of liked the way the template looked so I clicked the 'SAVE' button thinking it would save my practice template and the whole shebangabang went live and pulled my old format.
So I figured it was a sign and have decided to keep it this way.
What do you think? It's super bright and fresh. 
And a whole menu pops out on the left hand side!  
And see that blue arrow up at the top left next to the blog name? Click on it to go to my new home page. Check it out! No, not now. When you finish reading...
It's pretty schmick. I feel like I have been living with 80s boofy Stevie Nicks hair and went and got a slick new bob like one of those Kardashians on the tv.  
My main header banner on the home page features 8Track looking cute on the bed but that may change. Apparently the photo has to be 10 zillion megagoogles or something and the photo you see above (which features at the top of the home page) was the only one which didn't look fuzzy. Stay tuned.

I have finished my first gypsy lantern.
I joined all the brightly coloured grannies together, and crocheted them to a metal ring. They didn't hang nice and straight so I was super clever and inflated a clear plastic bag inside the tube part of my lantern.
I then lightly sprayed it with water and left it to dry overnight. I say 'lightly sprayed with water' but it really sort of got inadvertently drenched.
It looks lovely and festive outside under the trees.


So now I'm making another and I think this one might have froufier tassles.
And of course once I'm happy with the final pattern I'll pop it in my etsy shop!

On the theme of lanterns, we were able to go out one evening to the Lit Festival in Werribee a couple of weeks ago. The evening was warm but with occasional light sprinkles of rain.
Giant colourful lantern animals were hanging around Wyndham Park 
This 8 legged gentleman was spectacular.

Dripping LED lights filled the massive gum trees.
The Lost Dogs Disco. These big pumped up puppers constantly changed colour.


I don't know what this was called by the designer but I thought of it as the lightning tree!
Members of the public could scan a QR code to a website to declare their heartfelt dreams. These were then displayed in lights on the walkway over the park.

Alas I only had one dream...
The photo was taken from quite far away as I had given up hope of my dream being on display and walked away. I turned back at just the right moment to take a quick snap from afar.

I hope you like this new fresh layout and scheme for my little blog. Let me know if you have any problems with loading or weird banners getting in the way as I'm still fine tuning and tweaking bits and pieces.
Louise


Red Haired Amazona








Comments

  1. Wow, that is certainly different than your older version. Well done & I'd be scared to even think about playing around with mine, although it has crossed my mind at times. Love your lantern. I wish we'd known about the light show, so we could have come across & seen it with you & maybe our DD & kids too. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!