Easter at Mollymook 2022


 I haven't popped in for a little while. I've just been pottering around making and thinking and all of a sudden the weeks have sped away.  

As you can see from the top photo we have had a lovely little jaunt up to Mollymook. I say 'little jaunt' but it isn't really. It's about 10 hours from door to door. At the end of each drive we're tired, my ankles look like elephants stumps and we can barely peel ourselves out of the car seats despite several stops along the way.

Whenever we arrive at Mollymook and drive down Golf Avenue we are greeted with a view that looks like this:

Not this time. The weather was miserable so we drove through this:

And because daylight savings has ended, arrived to this:
Quite grim. A full week of rainy days were expected. But the meteorologists fortunately were wrong.
The next day Chuck had his first beach walk...
I don't mean to boast but Australian beaches are freaking awesome.
Sonofagun No.2 was able to spend some time in the water.
The Bear and I got the chance to have a lunch date in a lovely cafe called Ocean Vibes with views over Ulladulla harbour.
Chuck enjoyed snuffling around the Parentals garden with his cousin Coco.
I did get to have some crochet time working on another gypsy lantern. Despite being tight for space in the car, I managed to squeeze in a basket of cottons.
I think they look rather pretty. 
The sweet little cat brooch is actually a genius needle saver sent as a gift from my best bloggy buddy Vicki from Off The Hook for You. I freaking love it. It's beautiful and stops me from sticking needles in my shirt, then forgetting they're there and running them through the wash.
The magnet on the back helps it stick to your clothes and the needles to stick to the brooch.
Now she's probably going to be cranky with me but I took a sneaky couple of pics of a beautiful embroidery project the Mothership is working on...
These flowers are ridiculously adorable. I've tried in the past but I'm shithouse at embroidery. Otherwise I'd embroider flowers over all my clothes.
For Christmas I gave Mum the Jimmy and Jane Barnes cook book called Where the River Runs. That's 'Cold Chisel' Jimmy Barnes. 'Screams his head off' Jimmy Barnes. Yes, THAT Jimmy Barnes.
It's a cracking good read and the food is amazing. Mum decided to take Janes Bread and Butter pudding to the next level.
She had some leftover hot crossed buns so we used those INSTEAD OF BREAD!!!

Do this. Get it in your face. Come back here and thank me. And I'll thank Mum. And Jane Barnes.
After all those calories I walked them off. No I didn't. When I came home I weighed an extra 1 and a half kilos. Do I regret it? No. Yes. Maybe. 
Beach.
The day before we left for home we met Auntie Horse Whisperer with her latest horse Lola. Actually a very large, slobbery but adorable Bull Mastiff.... puppy.
Lola is still a puppy, yet Chuck looks like her puppy.
After walking up and down Narrawallee beach, we started walking towards the carpark.
At this point Lola realised we were leaving and decided to not leave.
And there she stayed for 10 minutes.  When Lola doesn't want to leave the beach, no one leaves the beach.
After much begging, scolding, gentling encouragement and bribery (all of which she ignored), we were finally able to leave the beach.
And back home to Melbourne just in time for some horrible, cold, rainy weather. Yay Autumn. 
(yes that was sarcasm).
I lit the first fire of the season and whilst a fire is nice, the reason is not.
Some fun little social media stuff before I go.
Firstly my blog has ben added to Feedspots Australian Crochet blogs list: Yay! For us Aussie bloggers it's a small list of just 14 but I thoroughly recommend you pop over and check them out! 
Feedspot also have lists of top 100 crochet blogs worldwide for some amazing inspirations and reads.

Secondly 8Track stole my phone. 
You know what he's like. A rascal. 
A cheeky bugger. 
So he stole my phone and created his own Instagram account. Please feel free to check out what he's up to if you're into cheeky cats...

Thanks for visiting!

Louise


Red Haired Amazona





Comments

  1. I was starting to worry if you were OK and if it had been some time in March when you went we may have crossed paths on the coast road as we had a very quick trip to Shoalhaven Heads again. I love this post and maybe I should check out Feedspots if I can work out how to do it. Your rug is looking absolutely gorgeous and my DD is also hooking squares for another rug. We are also thinking about lighting the fire tonight as it has certainly cooled down. Thanks for sharing places we both know & love, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!