Summer so far...

Summer so far has been so very busy and wonderful.
I hope you had a fantastic Christmas in your part of the world.
I'm huge on Christmas. The tree was up in November. I'm one of those people.
The way I see it is as the chief Xmas organiser, present purchaser, organiser of the xmas day things and end of year function coordinator, I would miss out on the wonderful xmassy feeling. So I start early to give myself time to enjoy it.
A work colleague's wife made this wonderful decoration for me. Die Hard is my absolute favourite Christmas movie.
The lilies made a spectacular display in the garden this year.  They multiply each year and had the most delicious perfume.
After a few sad years, the tomatoes have delivered a bumper crop.
This years Christmas trifle. Elderflower jelly and Gin Trifles. Yum BUT I think I prefer a sherry trifle.
And here we are on Boxing Day. The local supermarkets wasted no time in marketing for the next holiday... What do you think? Are early hot cross buns a big Yeah or Nah?
Our first ever peach crop. Gorgeous pink bums.
Our annual summer pilgrimage to the Parentals at Mollymook Beach. Sadly we were not alone on the roads.
The Mothership made room for me and my crochet on the couch next to her slow stitching project.  Plenty of room for Chuck.
My sister gave me this cute amigurumi book for Xmas. The designer is Michael Cao. So I packed a selection of coloured cottons and decided to make a few as my holiday project.

I first made a little Sansevieria commonly known as Mother in laws tongue.
And then this sweet little Echeveria. I ran out of the dark green yarn part way through so mixed it up with some lighter green leaves as well.
A cute little trio with a pot of Aloe vera.
Once I got home I finished my collection with a lovely tall palm tree. 
I didn't sit on the couch all day crocheting (only a significant part of each afternoon).
We went out.
We had yummo lunches.
Walked along the jetty in Ulladulla harbour.

Visited Warden Head Lighthouse.
Had lots of rock walks.
Explored the Wildflower Reserve.
There were lots of sweet native Hyacinth Orchids hiding in the grass.

One of my favourite tiny treasures are the Fringe Lilies. About the size of a 20 cent piece.
And home to Melbourne again to finish off a blanket. This one was the Spice of Life blanket by Sandra Paul from Cherry Heart which has gone off to a friend who was expecting a new baby.
Back into my own crafty spot on the couch.
Thanks for visiting!
Louise


🌞 Red Haired Amazona 🌞
 

Comments

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!