Into the WIPs...


This morning I was in the supermarket and found this special edition of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  Look at all the woolly goodness!  And THEY know I like freebies. Even cheap plastic freebies.  They included them with the magazine just to make me buy it. So I did. There's lots of lovely knit and crochet patterns inside. And some that are a little bit ugly.  But we won't dwell on the ugliness of life.  They had me at Pompoms.
























As soon as I got home, I made a cuppa, had some lunch, made another cuppa, chatted with the budgie, picked up some Playstation controllers from off the floor, stacked the dishwasher, fed the cat and patted a guinea pig, and made another cuppa after my 2nd one went cold, I hurriedly ripped open the pompom maker packaging and started playing with it.


Look at these beautiful fat, juicy pompoms!  We all want to wrap ourselves up in whatever they're attached to because THEY'RE FLUFFFFFYYYYY!!!!!!!!!



So I followed the instructions. This method was awesome because you can wrap the yarn around so blimmin fast!



I produced weird almost pompom things.


And got these pathetic creatures.


This is a fairly accurate depiction of what my hair looked like in the 1980s...


So I went back to my pompom construction with my normal little plastic circles I bought in Lincraft a while back.


SOOOOOO FLLLUUUUFFFFYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The need for pompoms arose so I can finish one of my WIPs, a knitted Intarsia scarf I started last winter. I'm crazily trying to finish any WIPs before I embark on any more new projects.


This is another WIP. Not a fun WIP of choice because me and sewing don't love each other.

This weekend is the Blonde Bombshells 1st anniversary of her 29th Birthday. And she's having a Disney themed costume party. 

So the Red Haired Amazona is going as .....
Merida from Brave!

So I purchased a dark green velvet dress off eBay for $13. Super cheap.
I've found some lace and cheesecloth in Spotlight. I have also bought some soft gold string stuff and eyelets for the bodice.
As you can see I've cut out the bits in the arms to sew fabric inserts into. And I have tatted the lace to the cuffs.  I've only got a few more days so I better get cracking.



I'm not quite sure how it will work because sewing don't love me, and I don't love him. And that's ok. We try and generally keep our distant from each other, but can put in a half-assed effort if we have to. 

Bugger. Just remembered I haven't bought the bow & arrows yet! 
xox
Louise
The Red Haired Amazona

Comments

  1. so many different ways of making pom poms :) love love love the outfit!!!!!!! :D well done x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!